The best website security software will keep your site safe. Malware and hackers are constantly trying to hack your site and server. It must provide proactive protection and block threat actors and malicious attempts before they compromise your website, webservers, and applications.
A simple search reveals the availability of hundreds of “malware scanning” tools. And many of them charge a hefty amount for malware removal. But “removal” is not a permanent solution. Your website can still be affected by malware and get hacked.
So, what is the solution? The solution is ensuring protection with Website Security Software. Antivirus solutions are not the right solution to protect your website.
Get your copy of cWatch
Protect your site before its too late
What should a Website Security Software have?
You must first know the detrimental effects of malware affecting your website. This would help you select the best website security software to protect your website.
- Blacklisting will occur because of malware on your site
- Your hosting provider will shut down your website
- Search engines will display warnings about your website
- Browsers will display warnings about your website, and prevent users from accessing your website
- Malware will drastically slow down your website
- You will be redirecting your visitors to malicious sites
- Your website will succumb to DDoS attacks
- You will become part of the DDoS attacks on the internet
These are a must have features for the Best Website Security Software
- The website security software must have the capability to proactively block ANY type of attack on your website
- Regularly scan for malware and vulnerabilities
- Continuously monitor the website and alert any security issues
- It must stop all hack attacks and prevent the exploit of vulnerabilities
- It must prevent malware penetration
- Don’t Forget The Passwords!
- Thwart DDoS attacks and brute force attacks
- Be capable of detecting zero-day vulnerabilities
- Check for possible blacklisting symptoms and warn you – the website owner/webmaster before the website gets blacklisted
- Include a Web Application Firewall (WAF) at all web servers to detect and filter embedded malicious website code
- Be able to block or mitigate the effects of various types of attacks such as HTTP Flood, User Data Protocol, Simple Service Discovery Protocol and Domain Name Server Denial of Service Attacks
- Faster content delivery and enhanced website security through a “caching” content delivery network. Ironically, most website software provides only non-caching content delivery, which could be considered as a namesake feature that contributes nothing towards enhancing website security or optimising website performance.
- If you are an online merchant who has to handle credit cards online, then the software must ensure a simple and automated way for continued compliance with the required PCI DSS standards.
Self-Managed vs. Managed Website Security Software
If you have a single website or a dedicated IT cyber security team then you may be able to manage the security of your website with robust website security software having features as mentioned above. However, practically IT personnel are an overworked lot. They have plenty of routine tasks to monitor and the affordability and retention of certified and skilled cybersecurity personnel may not be viable for small and medium organizations.
You could then consider the option of a Managed Security Service (MSS) provider who provides Security-as-a-Service. They would provide round-the-clock security and have a dedicated team of specialized cybersecurity professionals to protect your website. Considering the pros and cons you may find that opting for an MSS is more cost-effective enabling better security than maintaining a dedicated security team.
The website security software must keep your website safe, and thwart all hacks and malware attacks.
Some suggestions for you
You can get a dedicated hosting account for things like WordPress. For instance CritchCorp Computers Ltd gives you a WordPress Hosting account that come with unlimited SSD and bandwidth. More importantly you get the CDN, SSL, scans and the Off-site backup included. With all this in mind you get fantastic deal that includes everything you need to keep safe. Because of this you get the added effect of security against DDoS attacks. This is because the distributed CDN will have a localized attack while everyone else is using a server close to them.
Remember also that the backup does a scan on your files to check for malware.
CritchCorp Computers Ltd also do FREE hosting which also includes all of the above to protect your site and at the best price. FREE.